BOTOX AND DYSPORT TREATMENT ELK GROVE
Botox® Cosmetic anti-aging treatment is a safe, injectable solution for wrinkles and lines. The product is made from a highly purified form of a natural protein complex, which has been used to treat various conditions associated with muscle spasms in infants, children, and adults for more than two decades. The cosmetic form of this product is a direct result of such medical uses.
Dysport™ is a product that has been approved in the U.S., by the Food and Drug Administration. It has the same active ingredient as Botox®, but it is produced by a different manufacturer. It has been used for medical purposes in Europe since 1990. The units of Botox and the units of Dysport are different, and there are minor differences in the composition and “carrier proteins.” Studies so far, and the experience in Europe and Canada, have shown no differences in the frequency or type of side effects of the two products. There is some evidence that Dysport™ has an earlier onset of action — frequently within 2 days — and in some people, it may have a slightly longer duration of action than Botox®.
Patient Before & After Pictures
BENEFITS of BOTOX® AND DYSPORT™
- Treats wrinkles and lines in the upper portion of the face, excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), and certain headaches
- May also be used to treat neck bands, “downward smile,” or other areas of the neck and lower face
- Can be used to shape the eyebrows
- One of the safest and most effective treatments for smoothing the lines and wrinkles caused by muscle movement
- Treats some overly thick lower eyelids or enlarged muscles of the jaw
- Over time, shallower lines will frequently repair themselves
Alternatives to Botox® and Dysport™