Excessive gingival display, or a “gummy smile,” is a concern that causes embarrassment and self-consciousness for many people. If you are bothered by the appearance of your gums when you smile, there are several effective treatment options, but most involve invasive surgeries or require lengthy orthodontic treatments. At California Skin & Laser Center in Elk Grove, California, we offer an effective, low-cost, non-surgical option for gummy smiles that many patients have never considered: Botox injections.
How Botox works for a gummy smile
While most people think of Botox in terms of treating unwanted wrinkles, it has many other medical and cosmetic applications, including treating a gummy smile. Precise injections of botulinum toxin A are used to relax the upper lip, providing excellent results rapidly and with much less downtime and expense than alternative treatment options. After Botox injections, the upper lip does not elevate as much when smiling, helping to cover the gums. Hence, the ideal amount of gum tissue is visible for a proportional, beautiful smile.
Benefits of Botox for a gummy smile
Using Botox to treat a gummy smile has many advantages:
- It is much more cost-effective – it could take a whole lifetime of Botox injections to match the cost of surgical options.
- The injections are customizable based on your unique smile for natural-looking, beautiful results.
- The procedure for injections only causes minimal discomfort and has no downtime or recovery period.
- While the injections wear off after about three to four months in most patients, over time, some patients can wait longer between treatments to maintain their excellent results.
- The results are visible within just a few days after treatment and are typically entirely noticeable within two weeks.
Call our offices for more information
Learn more in a consultation
If you are curious about Botox injections and whether they are a good option for treating your gummy smile, the California Skin & Laser Center team is here to help. In your personalized consultation, we will talk with you about your goals for your smile and discuss your medical history to decide whether Botox injections are right for you. To reach our Elk Grove office, call 209-751-4292 or book your appointment online today! We also have locations in Stockton and Lodi, so we are never far from work or home.
Share this Article