Elk Grove, CA dermatologist shares tips for extending results of Botox treatment
Injections of Botox and Dysport are a popular skin rejuvenation option in the Stockton, Lodi, and Elk Grove, CA. In the experienced hands of Dr. Gerald Bock at California Skin & Laser Center, neuromodulators safely and effectively soften dynamic wrinkles. Most patients are extremely pleased with treatment and want results to last as long as possible. Dr. Bock shares this helpful advice.
Many people consider neuromodulators only after fine lines have formed from squinting, frowning, and pursing lips have become visible, or wait until deeply etched wrinkles and folds are apparent. A reasonable program of injectables started in your 20s or 30s can delay these signs of aging indefinitely. You preserve a youthful appearance, rather than trying to remove wrinkles later.
At the time of treatment
There is essentially no downtime after a Botox or Dysport injection session, but you should follow a few common sense precautions:
- Let the product settle into the area where Dr. Bock has precisely placed it. Try not to touch injection sites for at least an hour.
- Then you may cleanse skin normally but avoid aggressive facial massage and hot water or a steamy shower the first night.
- Also limit physical activity that causes the face to flush.
- Wait at least 24 hours to take medication or supplements that thin blood. Large amounts of alcohol may also increase risk of bruising.
- Do not sleep on your face immediately after treatment.
Healthy skin responds best to neuromodulator treatment, and a vital complexion contributes to lasting results. UV rays deplete stores of collagen and elastin in skin, accelerating wrinkles. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with adequate SPF every day and use high-quality daily skin care products to cleanses and fortify your complexion.
Periodic re-treatment is key. Schedule preventive touch-up sessions, rather than waiting until skin resumes its former condition. As facial muscles relax from neuromodulator treatment, they atrophy slightly. Thus, less product and fewer injections are needed for re-treatment, and you will look great year round.