Botox Injections Stockton, Neuromodulators
Botox and Dysport are neuromodulators. These purified proteins are used cosmetically to soften the appearance of wrinkles caused by repeated muscle contractions, such as frown lines between the brows, horizontal forehead lines, and crow’s feet at the corners of the eyes. They work by interrupting signals from nerves that tell facial muscles to contract. As those muscles are retrained to relax, they form a smoother foundation for skin.
Women and men in Stockton and surrounding areas have embraced this convenient method of turning back the hands of the clock, for a refreshed, more youthful appearance. Here’s what to expect when you schedule neuromodulators injections at California Skin & Laser Center offices:
- Your first step on the path to rejuvenation starts with a consultation visit. Dr. Bock takes time to understand your concerns, goals, current medical situation, and lifestyle to determine if Botox or Dysport injections are right for you.
- This is a real medical procedure. At California Skin & Laser Center it is always administered by Dr. Bock, a Board certified dermatologist. The Doctor will explain the possibility of short-term bruising at injection sites, temporary headache, and other (rare) side effects.
- You should minimize alcohol consumption a week before treatment, and stop taking aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medications for about two weeks prior. This reduces your risk of bruising.
- At your injection appointment, your face is gently cleansed.
- The neuromodulators are injected with a very fine needle into facial muscles at precise points. Injection sessions typically take only a few minutes and there is little discomfort, so anesthesia is not required.
- You begin to see changes within about a week. Neuromodulators needs to stay at the injection site, so do not touch the injection area for an hour after treatment.
- Results last up to six months. Most patients are so pleased that they schedule periodic touch-ups. As muscles learn to relax, wrinkles naturally become less severe.
In Dr. Gerald Bock’s experienced hands, the process is safe and the outcome is predictable. His patients enjoy a natural look – never frozen or “done.” He is also very successful in administering Botox and Dysport for other cosmetic enhancements and in using them in combination with dermal fillers for non-surgical facelift. Call California Skin & Laser Center at 209-751-4292 today and schedule your Botox/Dysport consultation.Back to Botox and Dysport Page